Truck types and details
Carting company billing rate per m³ exported: $6.50 per m³
Agreed truck rates:
- Truck and quad trailers: 22 m³ per load @ $6.50 per m³ = $143 per load
- Truck and tri trailers: 22 m³ per load @ $6.50 per m³ = $143 per load
- Truck and semi-trailers: 20 m³per load @ 6.50 per m³ = $130 per load
Results below show the difference between what was measured to what was being paid for on the agreed per m³ truck rate.
The calculations below are based on one shift with 187 loads
- Total of 3515.6 m³ was measured in one shift @ $6.50 per m³ = $22,851.40 per day
- Total of 3990.0 m³ agreed truck rate of @ $6.50 per m³ = $25,935.00 per day
Difference of 474.4 m³ = $3,084.00 per day
Assuming the same loading practice and truck loads per day,
- $3084.00 x 6 days week = $18,504.00 loss per week
- 474.4 m³ x 6 day week = 2846.4 m³ of export equates to approx. 130 truckloads at a 22m³ per load factor not being carted.
- 8 weeks would equate to $148,032.00 (22,771.2 m³)