Spotlight on safety at Haulage & Loading conference
Carey West, owner and managing director of Loadscan will be attending Mining Media International’s Haulage and Loading conference on the 12 March in Tucson, Arizona.
Carey will be attending to present the topic “Actionable intelligence to improve safety”.
Carey will teach delegates how the information their Load Volume Scanner (LVS) provides can flow on to improve safety. We like to call it “actionable intelligence” because you’re enabled to make better decisions based on objective, accurate data.
Automated data capture of volumetric measure leads to:
- More streamlined operations
- Better informed management
- Resource optimization
- Productivity gain
- Better environmental outcomes
- And, as mentioned, improved safety.
LVS intel enables mines to make three key adjustments:
- Increase trucking factors
- Use 3D profiles to ensure optimal loading (immediately realisation underloading/off-centre loading and train operators)
- Identify potentially dangerous and uneconomical haul-back.
Held every two years, Haulage & Loading is the conference for surface mining professionals. The event, which brings mine operators and suppliers together in an informal Arizona resort setting, focuses on improving surface mining operations in general and truck-shovel loading in particular. The technical program offers continuing education for mining engineers and mine managers.
Find out more about Loadscan’s LVS.
Find out more about Loadscan in the mining industry.
Find out more about the conference.